Iced Limeade is a tart, sweet and slightly salty drink which closely resembles lemonade.
- 1/4 cup hot water & 1 cup chilled water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- Dissolve the sugar and salt into the hot water in a heat-proof mug.
- In a pint-sized glass, pour in the lime juice and chilled water.
- Pour the sugar syrup into the glass, add ice, and stir.
To get the most juice out of your limes, roll them along the middle with the palm of your hand on the table for a few seconds. This bruises up the flesh inside and releases the juice.