Wing Bean Salad (yum tua pu – ยำถั่วพู) is a central Thai dish featuring “wing beans” which are blanched and tossed with coconut milk, roasted chili paste, toasted coconut, tamarind, palm sugar and peanuts. If you can’t get wing beans where you are, they can be substituted with green beans or snap peas.
- Northeastern Pork Salad (4.13 out of 5)
- Northeastern Glass Noodle Salad (3.96 out of 5)
- Spicy Shrimp Paste Dip (3.91 out of 5)
- Fried Fish with Chili Sauce (3.89 out of 5)
- Stir Fried Instant Noodles (3.86 out of 5)
- Fried Egg Salad (3.83 out of 5)
- Green Curry (P-Mala’s Recipe) (3.77 out of 5)
- Leaf Wrapped Snack (3.77 out of 5)
- Stir Fried Pork with Holy Basil (3.73 out of 5)
- Son In Law Eggs (3.73 out of 5)
** this post is a work in progress. check back in a few days for more! ** Looking for the best and most authentic places to eat in Bangkok? Being a foreigner, sometimes restaurants will tone-down the food a bit, or sell more foreign-friendly food. If you’re looking for the real-deal, try some of these […]
Bottle Gourds (sometimes called Calibash) are named so because when fully ripe, the skin becomes very hard, like wood, and people scoop out the insides and use them as containers. When not that ripe, they can be eaten!
Storage: Store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. This will keep awhile if kept cool.