Wing Bean Salad (yum tua pu – ยำถั่วพู) is a central Thai dish featuring “wing beans” which are blanched and tossed with coconut milk, roasted chili paste, toasted coconut, tamarind, palm sugar and peanuts. If you can’t get wing beans where you are, they can be substituted with green beans or snap peas.
- Northeastern Pork Salad (4.13 out of 5)
- Northeastern Glass Noodle Salad (3.96 out of 5)
- Spicy Shrimp Paste Dip (3.91 out of 5)
- Stir Fried Instant Noodles (3.86 out of 5)
- Fried Egg Salad (3.83 out of 5)
- Fried Fish with Chili Sauce (3.80 out of 5)
- Green Curry (P-Mala’s Recipe) (3.77 out of 5)
- Leaf Wrapped Snack (3.77 out of 5)
- Son In Law Eggs (3.73 out of 5)
- Stir Fried Water Spinach (3.71 out of 5)
** this post is a work in progress. check back in a few days for more! ** Looking for the best and most authentic places to eat in Bangkok? Being a foreigner, sometimes restaurants will tone-down the food a bit, or sell more foreign-friendly food. If you’re looking for the real-deal, try some of these […]
A tea sock (for lack of better descriptive name!) is used to make Thai style tea and coffee. Essentially you boil the tea and then strain it with this sock. You can buy them at most South East Asian groceries.