Wing Bean Salad (yum tua pu – ยำถั่วพู) is a central Thai dish featuring “wing beans” which are blanched and tossed with coconut milk, roasted chili paste, toasted coconut, tamarind, palm sugar and peanuts. If you can’t get wing beans where you are, they can be substituted with green beans or snap peas.
- Northeastern Pork Salad (4.13 out of 5)
- Northeastern Glass Noodle Salad (3.96 out of 5)
- Spicy Shrimp Paste Dip (3.91 out of 5)
- Fried Fish with Chili Sauce (3.87 out of 5)
- Stir Fried Instant Noodles (3.86 out of 5)
- Fried Egg Salad (3.83 out of 5)
- Green Curry (P-Mala’s Recipe) (3.77 out of 5)
- Leaf Wrapped Snack (3.77 out of 5)
- Iced Limeade (3.74 out of 5)
- Son In Law Eggs (3.73 out of 5)
** this post is a work in progress. check back in a few days for more! ** Looking for the best and most authentic places to eat in Bangkok? Being a foreigner, sometimes restaurants will tone-down the food a bit, or sell more foreign-friendly food. If you’re looking for the real-deal, try some of these […]
Tomatoes are used in some salads, such as ‘Som Tum’, and mostly eaten raw. Use the medium-size deep red tomatoes, the ones with the most flavor.
Storage: Store tomatoes in a plastic bag on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.