Stir Fried Instant Noodles
This is actually a popular dish in Thailand, believe it or not. I would classify it as “kids’ food”, because I don’t think any older people would enjoy it. Anyway, it’s really easy, and works well if you don’t have much in the house.
- 1 package ma ma instant noodles, any flavor. Chopped Pork flavor and Tom Yum work fine. We’ve also used a Korean Brand called ‘Nong Shim’ with good results.
- 2 stalks chopped scallions, (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped chinese broccoli or chinese cabbage
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Boil the noodles alone in water half the amount of time as per the instructions on the back of the packet. Don’t add the flavour packets, just the noodles. When finished, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok on high heat until very very hot. When hot, add the garlic. Cook until the garlic turns light brown.
- Add the noodles to the pan. Stir well. Add about 3/4 the flavor packet, but don’t add the dehydrated vegetables.
- Add the Chinese Broccoli, after about 30 seconds it’ll turn dark green, then add the bean sprouts. Wait 30 seconds.
- Move the noodles out of the way, and then crack the egg into the pan. Scramble it in the pan, then coat the noodles.
- Add the scallions at the end, stir, and serve. You may want to separate the green from the white part of the scallions, and add the green to the noodles, and leave the white to sprinkle on top raw when you serve.